Do you have a fever and wish you could manage it without having to take paracetamol every 4-6 hours? Then read on. This article will introduce you to herbal teas that are known to help reduce fever naturally.
There are several reasons why different herbal teas can help provide much needed relief from fever:
- Herbal tea consumption increases body hydration levels – maintaining proper hydration is important for core temperature regulation.
- Certain herbal teas have amazing cooling properties that facilitate lowering one’s temperature and also help make one feel much better.
- Powerful compounds found in abundance in herbal teas have the potential to boost the immune system – having a fever is a telltale sign that the body is trying too hard to deal with an infection.
- Certain herbal teas have the ability to encourage a good night’s sleep, and it’s no secret that getting plenty of sleep is vital to keeping your immune system in good shape.
- Many herbal teas encourage the removal of toxins and waste by increasing sweating, which is also the body’s way of lowering its core temperature.
Now that you know some of the reasons why consuming herbal teas can help in dealing with fever, let us now look at some of the ones that you may drink and consume every time you have a fever and want to reduce it without paracetamol popping up in your mouth:
Ginger tea is known to be a great home remedy for indigestion, nausea, and vomiting. Did you know that you can also have a cup of it when you have a fever? Because ginger tea helps fight infection as well as inflammation, plus it has immune-boosting capabilities.
Just like ginger tea, peppermint tea is a great natural solution to a number of digestive issues. And like ginger tea, it can also help bring down a fever by dealing with infection. According to scientists, mint tea is very good in getting rid of fever as it has cooling properties.
Thanks to its ability to lower core body temperature via cooling properties, consuming a cup of eucalyptus tea and sipping it regularly can help bring down a fever without having to rely on paracetamol.
Chewing gum and all kinds of dental care products have an unmistakable mint flavor due to the added mint. Needless to say, you can rely on peppermint tea if you want to get rid of fever in a completely natural way that is devoid of any unfavorable side effects.
According to scientists, the reason basil tea can help lower body temperature and thus lower fever is that it encourages sweating. Just like what was mentioned earlier in this article, your body causes you to sweat so that it can regulate its core temperature.
Can’t seem to get your hands on basil tea after stepping foot inside one local herbal shop after another? Don’t worry because you may also depend on thistle tea. Just like basil tea, this herbal drink can help get rid of fever by lowering the temperature through increased sweating.
Everyone is aware of the fact that chamomile tea is an excellent home remedy for insomnia, stress and anxiety. Did you know that it is also something that can help reduce fever? Especially if the night fever is preventing you from enjoying a trip to dreamland, it is good to have a cup of freshly brewed chamomile tea.