Now that you’ve found the perfect puppy, what will you name him? If you’re struggling with naming your dog, this list will help get you started. We’ve included 100 blue, gray, and silver dog names, but let us know in the comments if we missed any of your favorites.
100 names for blue, gray and silver dogs
1. Regulation: This gray stone is known as a powerful stone.
2. Blurry: A cool name that conjures thoughts of a blue ocean.
3. Argent: This is the French word for silver.
4. Ash: Remains of gray wood that has been burned.
5. Brook: The name of strength and power.
6 – Gandalf: The name and title of this wizard is Gandalf the Gray.
7- Glacier This icy blue geological formation is known for its resilience.
8. Shade: Used for black and gray dogs to denote their dark color.
9 – Cobalt: Blue element known for its thermal conductivity.
10- Memphis A city famous for its musical genre: the blues.
11. Nickel: Silver metallic metal.
12. Silber: The word silver in the German language.
13. Steel: Charred iron known for its strength and usefulness.
14. Tinsel: A sparkling substance known for its delicious and festive nature.
15. Earl: Earl Gray is the tea Captain Picard had in Star Trek.
16.NYx: In Greek mythology, this is the name of the goddess of the night.
17. Slokan: Silver rush in British Columbia in the late 19th century.
18. Sayer: Gray eyes are often characteristic of seers in fairy tales.
19. The Lake: The color of the lake water is mostly blue.
20- Athens: The Greek goddess of wisdom was famous for her gray eyes.
21. CoalCharred wood or sedimentary rock used for heating.
22. Grigio: This is the Italian word for grey.
23. Smokey: The smoke is gray and floats in the air.
24. Ghost: It is often depicted as a spiritual being or apparition.
25. Ombra: This is the darkest part of the shadow, the other two parts being the shadows and antumbra.
26. Eclipse: The phenomenon of the Earth or the Moon overshadows the other.
27. Teal: A bluish-green color often associated with the sea.
28. Blue: Often a nickname for an old blue dog.
29. Dan: The name of the rock band known as Steely Dan.
30. Blade: This word evokes the silver color of the sword.
31 – Glasbach: A German silver mine opened in the 1400’s and is now a museum.
32. Samson: The biblical name is often associated with strength and size.
33. Ryder: A solid style of jeans made by Lee.
34. Indigo: A blue dye made from a type of bean.
35. Sterling: Sterling silver is often used to denote value or value.
36 – Plata: This is the word for silver in the Spanish language.
37- Trivia: Roman goddess of ghosts announced by barking dogs.
38. Comstock: A large silver knot in Nevada that was mined in the nineteenth century AD.
39. Sherlock: The color of the eyes of Sherlock Holmes and his brother Mycroft.
40. Seven: The Seventh Doctor, known as Gray Eyes.
41 – Nosy: Blusenose pit bulls are known for their distinctive blue or gray nose.
42. Ice: The frozen solid phase of water, which often appears blue.
43- Yin: This is how silver is pronounced in Chinese.
44 – Ella: Blues singer known as the Queen of Jazz.
45 – Ksf: The word silver in the Hebrew language.
46. Granite: An igneous rock known for its various colors.
47. Luna: Roman goddess of the moon often associated with silver.
48. Lunge: A word often associated with copper, silver and gold mines.
49. Rayne: Unusual spelling of rain, which is often symbolized as a blue drop of water.
50 – Katniss: The main character of the “Hunger Games” fantasy series, she has gray eyes.
51. Pepper: A condiment made from ground pepper seeds, most often gray in color.
52. Tempest: Dark colors and water are associated with storms.
53. Azul: The Spanish word for blue.
54. Stone: Synonymous with rock music, it is often associated with the color grey.
55. Levi: A company that makes jeans that are often dyed indigo.
56. Han: The blue pigment used in Chinese pottery.
57. Jinn: Pronunciation of the Japanese word for silver.
58. Mint: Coin production site.
59 – Celine: This is the name of the Greek goddess of the moon.
60. Bell: The main character of “Beauty and the Beast” is gray-eyed.
61. Mud: Soil material known to contain metal oxides, such as silver oxide.
62. Chrome: An element known for its reflective silver colouring.
63. Dusty: A name associated with dust, often silver in appearance.
64 – Flint: A crystal known for its ability to create sparks when struck with metal.
65 – Zelda: An abbreviated form of the German name, Griselda, meaning dark battle.
66. Lilac: The blue-violet color for which the flower is known, is lilac.
67 – Mercury: The fastest planet in the solar system and the element known by the same name.
68 – Cinzio: This is the Spanish word for grey.
69. Comet: A stellar body made of ice and dust.
70 – durian: The first name of the character is Dorian Gray from the novel The Picture of Dorian Gray.
71 – Grau: The word gray in the German language.
72. Pewter: Gray metallic ingot.
73 – Grover: Blue doll in the TV show “Sesame Street”.
74. Moody: The first part of the English rock band, The Moody Blues.
75 – Neptune: Roman god of the sea and the eighth planet in the solar system.
76. Sapphire: A rare gemstone known for its colouring.
77. Sonic: The name of a blue video game character known for his speed.
78 – Capri: The bold blue of the sky during a bright, sunny day.
79. Smoke: fuel particles that have undergone combustion.
80. Smudge: A word meaning a little discoloration.
81. Bullet: Fast moving metal projectile.
82. Rogue: A cartoon character known for a gray streak in her hair.
83- Soot: Carbon particles resulting from incomplete combustion.
84. Winchester: Firearms company.
85. Claymore: A Scottish sword from the late Middle Ages.
86. Greyjoy: A family name in the fantasy series “Game of Thrones”.
87. Marble: A metamorphic rock that is often silver or gray in color.
88. Titan: A shortened version of titanium, an element known for its durability.
89. The Smurfs: Imaginary blue characters living in mushrooms.
90. Baloo: A friendly grizzly bear in the book and movie ‘The Jungle Book’.
91 – Aryan: The Welsh word for silver.
92 – Montana: A country famous for producing sapphires.
93. Yahto: Native American name meaning blue.
94. Harley: Motorcycle brand, which is often gray.
95- Zinc: Silver colored item.
96. Giant: Comic book character capable of transforming into metallic form.
97. Onyx: A silicate mineral that is mostly black or gray.
98. Confederate: The color of the Confederate Army’s uniform was grey.
99. Navy: The dark blue of the ocean depths.
100. Reservoir: A large military machine, most often gray.