Sometimes, you need a group of people to help keep you motivated. Walking every day seems easy at first, but sooner or later you will meet a day when you don’t want to get out of bed. When you have other people walking with you, it is much easier to motivate yourself. Even if you don’t feel like playing sports, you know you have to meet the rest of your teammates.
If you have created a walking team to motivate yourself, you need to think about the right walking team names. These can be funny names or motivational names that help describe your group. To help you get started, we’ve put together a list of 120 different walking band names you can use.
1. Call me a taxi: After a long walk, this may be the first thing you say when you finish.
2. Native Methodists: You are literally a road scientist if you spend all of your time walking on the road.
3. The Lone Survivors: This sounds like an inspirational walking team name.
4. A Dozen Disco Divas: Obviously, this name would work even better if you could get 12 ladies to join your running team.
5. Rapid Thigh Movement: At night, you go through a stage of sleep known as rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. This is a play on that. Honestly, I’m not sure if you can call my walking speed a fast one.
6. The Fat and the Grumpy: Feel the rage and the fat will melt away. Soon, your Meshick’s team name will be the wrathful.
7, a dozen daxing ladies: I think this is one of the walking team names that would give me an ego boost.
8. Walking School: This is a school of rock play. Personally, I think it’s one of the best walking team names.
9. Han Non Solo: Once you’re on a walking team, you’ll never be alone anymore.
10. The Poor Unfortunate Slippers: Sole certainly agree with this team name.
11. Cereal Killers: Take this literally. Eliminate grains and sweets from your diet. Time to start walking!
12. Rodent charge: I think this team name was based on the classic formation, Charge of the Valkyries.
13. The Winnie Woman’s Affair: This reminds me of the Sherlock Holmes chapter titles, so it’s one of my favorite walking team names.
14. Kill Grill Road: I’m not entirely sure what that team name is for.
15. Holistic Chicks: Take a holistic approach to your life by adopting walking as an exercise.
16. A bag of mixed nuts: I feel like that’s the name of a walking group of guys in the first place.
17. Mountain Rangers: If you want to walk over the mountains, you can use this name. I would also like to personally ask why.
18. Crocodile Pete: This is for walking teams based in the Everglades.
19. The Moon Over My Baths: This is one of the best walking team names.
20. Hiking: You have to walk first before you can talk.
21.WTF? Where is the end?: This is exactly how I feel in any run.
22. Banking the Cure: This is a good thing for walking teams that compete in races to support cancer research.
23- Grilled Legs: This is definitely how my legs feel after walking so much!
24. Sugar Shakers: Ditch the sugar and start walking!
25. Pimp My Stride: Got a move?
26. Soleful Strutters: I think that’s a very cool walking team name.
27. Taking Strides: With every step, you get that much closer to your fitness goals.
28. Elvis Leaving the Truck: so you!
29. The Lonely Train: You can create many different names using plays on the words “soul” and “sole.”
30. Quads of Fury: If I’m climbing, that’s definitely how my quads feel.
31. Wood to Coast: This can describe your daily walk.
32. The Lonely Sisters: You go girl!
33. Knights of the Buffet: This can be used as a reminder of why you are actually walking in the first place.
34. Dude. . . Where is my car?: This is a play on the movie’s title, though it also describes how I feel after a very long drive.
35. Law and Disorder: I think this is one of the more fun walking band names, even though it doesn’t actually refer to anything walking related.
36- Hot Mommy Truckers: This is a PG version of a very obvious team name.
37. Strangers in the Night: This is for walking teams who use locations like meetups to get strangers to walk together.
38. Lactic acid droppers: If you skip dairy in your new diet, this might be the name of your squad. Plus, it makes you look somewhat hip and edgy due to the acid-dropping reference.
39. Coast Busters: This is for walking teams who love to walk along the coast.
40. Take a walk: Most people don’t mean it literally, but your walking team does.
41. Team Victorious Secret: You have a secret to becoming victorious.
42. Never say never: You have to walk before you can run. Now, you are taking the first step towards a healthier and happier you.
43. Tenderfoots: This is definitely how my feet feel!
44. Quick Justice: Swift is not the term I would use to describe my walking style.
45. Only Mates: This is one of the sweetest walking team names.
46. Agony de Vieux: As long as you keep walking, you may experience foot agony without having to experience the agony of defeat.
47. Everything is Quality!: That’s what all my extra weight says. Cheese is the downfall. If someone could make a diet based solely on cheese, I would sign up today.
48. Tater Trouts: That’s a nice team name.
49. Pace Makers: This is a fun team name for all those walkers out there.
50. In agony but good looking: Although it’s not the most motivating name, it gets bonus points for being true.
51. Another bad idea: This is how I felt about my first marathon.
52. 12 O’ Whoop Ass Bundle: He said enough.
53. Dream Fury: Skip chasing a dream and start chasing your dreams.
54. Get away from that anger!
55. Off the Truck Again: This is how I feel on every round trip. For some reason, my brain never understands that if I run a long way in one direction, sooner or later I will be back.
56. It is stupid to stop: I hate to say it, but this might describe me.
57. Geek Moms: This is for teams of moms who walk together.
58. Chemochameleons: I think this describes people who walk for cancer research or who walk with fellow cancer survivors.
59. Glucose patrol: Watch out for glucose!
60. Go Nads: This would be a motivational team name for a group of walkers.
61. Run like the wind: Unfortunately, this team name describes my running style fairly accurately.
62. Keep on Truckin’: Don `t give up!
63. The Blister Sisters: This is one of the best walking team names for a group of walkers.
64. Run for shelter: When it rains down on your career, this is an apt team name.
65. Newlyweds, Most Federated, and Almost Deceased: That covers everyone, right?
66. Too inspiring to get tired: I feel this is not true.
67- Horror in Meatspace: Your extra flesh will be drooling in terror if you keep walking!
68. Happy Feet: My feet rarely feel happy after a long walk, but I think this is meant to just be inspiring and gentle. TRUE? Not much.
69 – Nerd Hurd: That’s a nice team name.
70. Ants in Pants: That would certainly explain the speed pedestrians there!
71. Coffee: I think this is a great name choice.
72. Fat Chicken: You may start out as “fat chicks,” but your walk will turn you into “fat chicks.” (very beautiful and sexy)
73. Law and Smell: Unfortunately, this describes me after walking on a hot day.
74. Together we blush: Together, in fact.
75. Tight Ass and Sweaty Nut: I think this would work for a walking team that is mostly made up of men.
76. Slow transport to the ocean: Slow motion is just my style!
77. Small Steps of Hope: Every step a little closer to your goals!
78. Pink Ribbon Rider: This is a cute name if for some reason you like to run (or walk).
79. Dark Nights of the Lonely: I love this play on words.
80. Team Hope: This is another great name for people who like to run for a cause.
81. Young People and the Rest of Us: That’s a nice name.
82. Tramps like us: This works on two levels.
83- Coastal Trenches: If you like walking along the coast, this is a good team name. It’s a play on the movie “Ghostbusters”.
84. Your speed or mine?: My place or mine?
85. Thong Distance Runners: If you like walking in slippers, use this name.
86. I believe in miracles: If you keep walking, you can work your own miracles.
87. Pushin ‘Tushins’: This one gets extra points for the rhyme.
88. Slave: Another rhyme name is also a cute walking team name.
89. I thought that was 5 kilos!: This is the worst feeling ever. When I ran my first marathon, I forgot it was 26.2 instead of mile 26. This was the worst 0.2 mile ever.
90. Al-Jarh Al-Sa’ir: I hope this rarely describes you.
91. Chafed Junk: This is the name of the men’s team.
92. Road Waste: Hope this is not true.
93. The Young and the Wreckless: I love this team name
94. Booty Chase: Keep walking and the spoils will be yours!
95. Wake Up Like a Prom Dress: You have to be really quick to get this walking team name.
96. The Beard Man and the Lost Toenail Raider: If I lose a toenail from walking, I’m out.
97. Captain Underpants and the Wild Wedgies: That’s nice, though it’s quite long to actually use it.
98 – Retired Hooters Girls: You go girl!
99. Four Score & Seven Blisters Ago: This is a play on the Gettysburg Address, but it definitely describes what my feet look like after a long walk.
100. T-Wrecks: that’s sweet.
101. Pancakes and Old Farts: I love this name for being cute and evocative.
102. Tears for Bears: If I have to walk so hard to cry, there better be some beer at the end.
103. You have legs?: Nice and to the point. Love her.
104. Six Cheeks to the Wind: This is a play on the phrase “six leaves to the wind”. Would be perfect for a group of six walkers.
105. Something evil works this way: I think this is one of the more awesome walking band names on this list.
106. Team Power Q: This is exactly how I feel before, during and after hiking.
107. Half of the fast: Half fast or half past?
108. We’re Sexy!: If you keep walking, this inspiring team name will be just right long after.
109. Smells Like Team Spirit: It smells like something – that’s for sure.
110. Kickin’ Asphalt Team: Keep kicking the asphalt, and you’ll reach your walking goals.
111- Luke Skywalkers: This is perfect for walkers who are also Star Wars fans.
112- Dead on Arrival: This is how I feel after a long walk or run.
113- These shoes were made for walking: If you choose this walking team name, you will automatically get a theme song for your group.
114- Blood, sweat and beer: You have to work through blood and sweat before you can have a beer.
115. Sir Warriors: This is a motivational name.
116. Rollin Hills Gently My Ass: This is exactly how I feel about the smallest of hills. If there is a slope, my position is downhill.
117. Holy Walkamolies: I absolutely love this one. This might be among my top five favorite walking team names on this list.
118- The Quick and the Dead: I am firmly in the second category.
119. Walkie-talkie: This works well if you like to talk while walking.
120. Paving Princesses: This is a great walking team name for a group of ladies who are walking together.